Saturday, July 6, 2013

Grandpa

  My blog thus far has seemed to focus on a reoccurring theme, infertility.
  But the title of my blog is re defining moments. 
  Most of these moments have come through my infertility struggles, but today they come in a different form. 
  The form of cancer, not for me or my immediate family, but for my grandfather.
he has been battling cancer for a few months now.
  Don't get me wrong, this isn't the first dealings of cancer that I have ever experienced, I have seen it first hand with friends or family before.  But this is the first time I have actually seen the cancer get the upper hand.  My grandfather is an amazing man.  He has raised an amazing family.  He has a great legacy laid out before him.   My grandfather is the second of 12 children, he has been married to his best friend for 58 years and counting.  He has two sons and two daughters and  twenty one grandchildren, who adore him, and look up to him as the patriarch of our family.  He is the rock and the foundation of our family. He has numerous great grandchildren who love and adore him, and who love to spend time with him.      To his great grandchildren he has many names, grandpa Ernie, grandpa don't mess around, grandpa Bluffdale, Grandpa magic, but to all of us he is grandpa.
  No problem is to big or to small for grandpa.  He is the first one to laugh or smile, and the first one to crack a joke.   He has always been a constant in my life, and I can't fathom the thought that that constant might not be their.  Some of my greatest lessons I have learned from my grandpa!   I have learned that you don't mess around.  I have learned that the best operation you could have is an octarectamy, and that he shows grandma he loves her by teasing her!
  I moved away from grandma and grandpa as a teenager, only getting to see them once or twice a year.  But no matter the distance, I know they love me.   I know that they are there for me, and I know that they would do whatever they could do for me.   They are constants in my life.   In a world that is always changing, we cling to that which is constant, and the mere thought ,that on of my constants could change, is heartbreaking .   But I know that I must ,and will trust in my Heavenly Father.   He is ultimately in control, and his will is what will happen. I just pray that  my Heavenly fathers will, will
be the same as my will.  We will all keep hoping and praying and fighting for grandpa!  Because he is our grandpa, our friend , and our hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment